Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Is Fluoride or Chlorine a Problem FOR YOU?

Greetings to all from sunny Lexington, Kentucky! Our state this year is the most brilliant green I have seen in years. A combination of a very rainy spring, and a very hot summer.

Yesterday's research session proved to be exceptionally informative. I found a book called Prescription for Nutritional Healing, 4th Edition by Phyllis A. Balch. I already had a prior edition, but so much more has been added in the hypothyroid section, I decided to get the updated version.

One thing I did not know: fluoride and chlorine are so close to the iodine molecule, they can block the iodine receptors in the thyroid. WOW! I was an experimental "fluoride kid!" I'm wondering if I have blocked receptors, and that is the reason for the poorly functioning thyroid. In addition, my favorite "power foods" are spinach, brocolli, cabbage, brussel spouts and all of them are on the DO NOT EAT THESE IF YOU HAVE HYPOTHYROIDISM!

With this new information in my head, I went straight to the Good Food Store for some new organic veggies, because my fridge is filled with all the wrong stuff. I also bought some liquid iodine, in the form of "Liqui-Dulse" which you can just add to your water. This insures that whatever iodine receptors are left, will get the iodine they need.

Finally, I am off tap water all together. I purchased a large container of spring water, and some Tom's Toothpaste without fluoride.

Sometimes, if you are serious about "healing" you might have to take some extra measures to get well. I think the two hardest things for me will be to make sure I get only spring water, and no spinach. I have been eating spinach at least once or twice a day for at least a couple of years. I just love the stuff! (The spinach eating Popeye was my favorite cartoon when I was little.) But, in search of the cure, it's worth it.

Goodbye Popeye!
Dianna

No comments:

Post a Comment