Tuesday, June 23, 2009

The Truth Will Set You Free: Diabetics Don't Have To Continue Having Diabetes

Want to insure you never have diabetes? Want to lower your cholesterol? Want to insure you stave off heart disease and arteriosclerosis. Stop your consumption of food products containing corn syrup, white flour, starches, and high-glycemic index carbohydrates.

Dr. Atkins spoke the truth. You can completely control your cholesterol, along with your weight, by cutting out the junk carbohydrates and consuming the high quality, low-glycemic index carbohydrates found in fresh vegetables like spinach, kale, salad greens and good fresh garden stuff. By using his high protein, low carbohydrate diet, I lost 47 pounds in just 10 weeks. I looked great, felt great, and my doctor couldn't believe the change in my blood pressure, cholesterol and overall health.

It upsets me to see millions of dollars wasted on pills to control a disease that is the product of very bad eating habits, and a lack of education on how the body works. We need to educate to the "new" facts that reduce the amount of simple carbohydrates and replace them with high quality protein. Whenever I visit my Grandmother in the nursing home, I am constantly reminded by the amputated limbs on many of the patients...WHY DIDN'T THEIR DOCTORS TELL THEM TO STOP EATING SUGAR! If you knew you would lose your feet, your legs, and your life...wouldn't that be enough to stop eating this poison? I really believe doctors are not educating their patients on the truth about diabetes. You do not have to have diabetes. The cure is the high protein diet and exercise. Not pills!

Now, I must state here that I am not talking about Type 1 diabetes that occurs in children as a result of genetic conditions. What I am referring to is the "age onset" Type 2 diabetes that is a direct result of lifestyle choices (lack of exercise, improper eating, etc.) The type your doctor refers to as Metabolic Syndrome.

If you are suffering from Metabolic Syndrome, try The South Beach or Atkins diets, and remove yourself from the prescription drug feed trough. You just might find you feel the best you have ever felt, lose weight, gain energy, and protect your heart.

It can't hurt to try it...and you just might fall in love with it!


No comments:

Post a Comment